Southwestern Egg Rolls with Avocado Ranch
Makes ~20 rollsRecipe adapted from here
1 15 oz can corn, rinsed and drained
1 15 oz canned black beans, rinsed well and drained
1 10 oz block frozen spinach, thawed and drained
2 green onions, chopped small
2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 4 oz can diced green chiles (mild or hot depending on your preferences)
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 garlic powder
1 package egg roll wrappers
1/2 cup ranch dressing (homemade or favorite store bought variety)
1/2 medium avocado
1 Tbsp cilantro, minced
1 tsp lime zest
1. Preheat oven to 400º. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Thaw spinach per package directions and drain or squeeze dry with paper towels.
3. Combine all ingredients (corn down to salt) in a large mixing bowl. Stir well.
4. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop mixture onto egg roll wrappers.
5. Wrap according to package directions.
6. Place in pan and brush tops of egg rolls with olive oil.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes carefully turning once.
8. Make avocado ranch while the egg rolls are baking.
-Combine the four ingredients in a mini food processor or a blender. Blend. Place in serving dish.
9. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
10. Cut in half if desired, serve with avocado ranch, and enjoy!
** A couple notes: I was making these for just Lars and I so I cooked only half of them for dinner and lunch the next day. I froze the rest on a wax paper-lined baking sheet then transferred them into a freezer bag for a quick dinner or lunch later on. It works beautifully. If you don't have chili powder just use extra cayenne pepper or substitute in some smoked paprika. Additionally, if you are planning on serving all of the egg rolls at once, say at a party, double (if not triple) the ranch recipe. People love dips - it's always better to have more than not enough. Enjoy!
Post a Comment