Growing up I loved when we would have salmon croquettes for dinner, except because my family is so fancy we call them salmon patties. :) Either way, they're delicious. I tried a number of recipes until I finally just made one up, and we love it. Typically I serve these as the main dish with a salad, however, you can easily make them smaller and have them as a side.
Salmon and Veggie Croquettes
Serving Size: 2
Makes 4 croquettes
5 oz canned salmon (skinless and boneless if desired)
1 egg (or 1/4 cup egg whites)
15 saltine crackers, crushed
1 carrot, grated
1 shallot, diced
canola oil, for frying
1. Heat oil over medium high heat.
2. Mix first five ingredients together.
3. Form into four patties, squeezing extra liquid out if necessary.
4. Place each patty into the heated oil and fry 3-4 minutes on each side.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Post a Comment